I have known for a while as I suspect so have you that everyday is national something day!. We have just celebrated remembrance day here, on 11/11/2016 and today as I write this is remembrance Sunday. Apparently today ( 13th November) is World kindness Day.
This Kindness Day was born when a collection of humanitarian groups came together on November 13, 1997 and made a “Declaration of Kindness”. So, on Kindness Day everyone is encouraged carry out acts of kindness. Donating books, food or clothes to your local community is a great way to celebrate.
I would like to think that actually I am a kind person, having said that I believe I can say that kindness is relative and subjective. What some would see as normal, others would think of as kindness.
Acts of kindness- examples
- Give someone directions when they are lost,
- Hold the door open for someone,
- Let someone go ahead of you in the queue
- Buy a cup of coffee for a homeless person
- Donate your excess stuff to charity
- Help someone with an assignment
- Spend an afternoon with an elderly person, who may be alone, or in an old people’s home
- Serve food at a homeless shelter
- Reach for something on a tall shelf, when someone is shorter than you.
- Bake a cake for your neighbour.
What does it mean?
Well, I have to go back to the point I made earlier, kindness is a subjective matter. The list above is by no means exhaustive. What represents kindness to you? Please let me know in the comments below, or email me email@example.com. Some may link it to adding value, but I believe it is something that really should be inherent.
I can’t wait to hear from you, in the mean time whatever you are doing, do be sure to have a fabulous day.
If you have found any value in this article, please tell your friends, also do accept my invitation to join my group here.